Sanlaki Magnetic Stock - Quest 1 or 2
Enhance your immersion while improving your aim.
Why choose our design?
Here are some of our solutions to common problems with other designs:
Problem 1: "Panic reload" - blindly mounting the controllers back on a small mounting area is very frustrating!
Our solution: You can easily mount controller anywhere on the metal pipe front
Problem 2: You need to manually adjust your setup every time you change loadout.
Our solution: with our metal pipe front + magnetic mount, no need to adjust your physical stock.
You can easily mount closer or farther depending on which weapon you are using.
Problem 3: 3D printed grips are uncomfortable, can lose fit within couple of weeks of play, can cause blisters (in rare cases), and prone to accidental controller slippage/removal when unmounting.
Our solution: I left the controller grips as is so you can use any of your favorite comfortable index style grips (AMVR, Mamut, etc...)
Problem 4: Stocks with controllers on top feels unnatural.
Our solution: our stock is located on top so it provides a more natural feel
Problem 5: Controller can hit your stock when putting a magazine when reloading.
Our solution: since our stock is on top of the controllers, you will not have to tilt your gun stock sideways to avoid hitting your stock when putting a magazine
1. How is tracking?
This is actually one of the first problem I had to solve! I spent countless hours testing and with the help and of the Thingiverse 3D community, I was able to make it work well! Also, Oculus has drastically improved their tracking software ever since the first Quest came out.
Still skeptical? Feel free to read reviews on our Etsy shop, Reddit, and YouTube!
Note: this is designed for right eye dominant and right handed players or left eye dominant and left handed players only... I don't recommend using this if you're right eye dominant but left handed or vice versa. This is unfortunately due to the Quest 2 controller grips being offset to the side of the controller rings.
2. Will the controller mounts damage the controller rings?
First, the magnets we use are super strong but gets off easily at an angle
Second, I also made sure the controller mounts have wide surface area and the load is well distributed on the inner, top, and bottom of the ring!
If you want to include a two point sling, make sure to choose "Sling - YES" option.
Minor issues and fixes:
- Floaty hands - this happen when the magnetic controller mounts smack really, really, really hard on the metal pipe! It usually happens when reloading.
- Fix: mount slightly sideways and be more gentle. Practice unmounting and mounting to develop muscle memory!
- Wandering sight - this happen when aiming down the sight and the weapon feels like it's floating//wandering.
- Fix 1: check out the sling! The Quest 2 controllers are offset to the side so there's a high chance of occlusion when not properly installed.
- Fix 2: disable gun and scope smoothing (Onward).
- Onward snipers using 12x or 4x scopes jitter:
- 1. Try enabling gun smoothing and scope smoothing if you experience jitters (mostly with M40A5).
- 2. You can also mount the reload hand at the far end of the pipe to get more tracking visibility.
Due to the nature of FDM/Additive 3D printing technology - there may be slight imperfections on the surface, which doesn't affect the functionality of the product.
Do not leave 3D printed parts on hot areas! Avoid leaving them inside your car on a hot day and/or out in the sun. The 3D prints will melt.
We are also constantly improving this gunstock and you may receive a slightly different design from the product photos.
Handling time is the amount of time it takes for us to create and process orders. Shipping time is the amount of time it takes for the shipping company to deliver the package once shipped.
Note: the money you paid for shipping goes to the shipping company and not us. You can find the most up-to-date handling time on our website banner.
We also do not offer any expedited handling time to be fair with people who have been patiently waiting.
We do not collect any custom fees. Buyers are responsible for any import fees, value added tax, custom fees, etc... set by your country or government.