This page is created to help players troubleshoot their Quest 3 gunstock. Inside out tracking in general is not perfect and has blind spots... However, issues can be address with proper in-game settings and gunstock set up!
1. Check your sling
Make sure to use 1-point sling set up. Attach both clips on the buttstock area and make sure there's no excess piece that's blocking the IR lights on the controller.
2. Clear your guardian history
General tracking issue can happen when there's a change in your play area. Clearing your play area or guardian history is also helpful when you get tracking issues after a software update.
Here's how to do it:
- Bring up Quest 2's Settings app.
- Select the Guardian setting category.
- Press the Clear button with your controller.
- Then select Clear History to confirm.
3. Check if there's a Software Update
There has been multiple reports of general tracking issues whenever there's a new meta quest software update and typically it happens because the controllers fail to update properly. It can happen when they're updating and the headset gets turned off.
Quick solutions would be to reset controllers by pressing menu/meta button + y/b for about 15 seconds. This will restart the controllers and will update them.
Other things to try
- Check your controller battery level
- Clean your headset cameras
- Make sure there's enough light in your play area
- Avoid having bright led lights like Christmas lights on your playspace
Still having issues? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org